CHEVROLET LUMINA 6.2 LSX V8 RACE CAR Price £14800.00 incl vat.
Built for a Series in the middle east, proven cars ideal for UKV8 Series. Silverstone GP Circuit in June. Or Track Day.
Up for sale is a 2009 Chevrolet CSV Lumina V8 super touring car, we have 4 available 3Red 1White for purchase.
The race car is based on a Holden Commodore VE chassis (essentially re badged as a Chevrolet Lumina), as you may know there are many variants of this same chassis in different countries for example here in the UK they are called Vauxhall VXR8’s. The car was originally built for a single make championship in Bahrain, where it ran for a few seasons then put into dry storage in the UK.
It would make for a very competitive race car with a bit of fettling, i.e. fit a supercharger to the boost ready engine.
Vehicle is sold in unprepared condition. It doesn’t take much to get them race ready again; seats and harnesses will be required as they are out of date, fire extinguisher requires re-certifying, tow straps could do with replacement, roll bar padding, check suspension components (the spherical bearings and rod ends etc.) and fill it with fluids.
Tyres will be needed as they are not suitable for use. Brakes have lots of life in the pads and disks, we managed near enough a whole season of 45 minute races on the same pads and disks. We have quite a few parts for these cars so can provide spares or advice on where to source parts if we don’t have it in stock.
General condition of the bodywork varies vehicle to vehicle; you have a choice of 4, first come first serve. Engines run with no problems. Gears are little hard to engage when cold, but fine when warmed up (nature of the design of the gearbox).
ENGINE - LSX 376 B8
- Normally aspirated water-cooled V8 with two valves per cylinder.
- 6,200cc stroke 92mm bore 103.25mm diameter
- Max power 450BHP 5,900RPM Max RPM 6000
- LSX 376 B8 - Engine is designed for forced induction.
- Required fuel quality 95 octane unleaded
- Wet sump lubrication
- Sequential multi-point injection
- Electronic engine management MEFI 4b by Painless
- Single throttle body intake
- Single front mounted Setrab oil cooler
- Jerico four speed gearbox with sequential dog engagement
- ZF LSD differential unit in 2.92 ratio – we have spare diffs with other ratios also
- Aluminium race flywheel
- Dual plate clutch rated at 1100BHP
- Hydraulic clutch release system
- Weight optimised body shell
- Aerodynamic front splitter
- Adjustable carbon fibre rear wing
- Ventilation for driver via modified windows
- CIC interior panels
- Steel boot lid with strengthening for rear wing
- Modified synthetic rear body panels with diffuser
- Poly carbonate side and rear windows
- Welded in roll cage
- Quick release steering wheel
- Electric fire extinguisher system
- 80 litre ATL fuel tank
- 2.5″ ATL dry break system
- MacPherson strut, height adjustable
- Double coil spring race set up (helper springs) – we have a few different spring rates available
- Bilstein dampers
- Dual lower control arms with spherical bearing joints
- Adjustable front anti roll bar
- Power steering
- Continually variable track rods
- Modified steering Column (height and rake adjustable)
- Multilink rear suspension on sub frame with rose joint inserts
- Suspension struts, height adjustable
- Single coil spring race set-up
- Bilstein dampers
- Reinforced adjustable track rods
- Adjustable anti roll bar
- Dual circuit brake system adjustable via AP balance system and two master cylinders.
- AP Racing pedal box
- AP Racing master cylinders
- PFC ZR27 billet monobloc 4 piston calipers
- PFC 380mm discs
- PFC endurance pads
- PFC ZR33 two-piece billet 4 piston calipers
- PFC 355mm discs
- PFC endurance pads
- Single piece Enkei RCT4 race rims 18 x 9″ (More available as per request)
Full spares package available; can offer additional parts if required. Parts also readily available from Monkfish performance and Walkinshaw UK.
Viewing is advised and you are more than welcome to come down to our workshop based near Guildford Surrey (GU12 5RT). Please contact us to arrange a time.
Delivery of the vehicle is possible, within reason; again please contact to discuss delivery options. Collection is of course fine from our warehouse.
Unit 8, LDL Business Centre
Station Road West, Ash Vale
Surrey, GU12 5RT
Telephone No:- 012 5283 4377